Thursday, October 28, 2010
- Name: barbara wise
- Location: tennessee, United States
"Gardening is not some sort of game by which one proves his superiority over others, nor is it a marketplace for the display of elegant things that others cannot afford. It is, on the contrary, a growing work of creation, endless in its changing elements. It is not a monument or an achievement, but a sort of traveling, a kind of pilgrimage you might say, often a bit grubby and sweaty though true pilgrims do not mind that. A garden is not a picture, but a language, which is of course the major art of life." Henry Mitchell "The Essential Earthman" I work as the Floriculture Director for Landscape Services, Inc. My job includes designing and planting semi-annually hundreds of annual beds containers and garden beds for commercial development, neighborhoods, and residents requesting our horticulture services. I love my job and the opportunity to bring beauty to our local communities. Most of all, I love introducing new plant material to the average gardener, and to helping them find success in their own gardens.
- Day 26 - An Unknown Guest Container (Cuz I'm Just ...
- Day 25 - The Best Place for Bamboo...
- Day 24 - Can You Say Fastigiata?
- Day 23 - Never Let A Window Box or Column Sit Empt...
- Day 22 - Using Fall Color To It's Full Advantage
- Day 21 - Another Shade Option for Winter Planters
- Day 20 - Retro Thursday
- Day 19 - A Ghost, I Mean Guest, Container
- Day 18 - The Glory of Variegated Boxwood
- Day 17 - Hayrack Plantings for Your Courtyard