bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 31 - The Last Hurray of Summer

Friday night we had a true freeze, putting to rest most of our summer annuals. I snapped this picture of a planter that I was just about to change out with winter plantings. I knew it wouldn't last through the night but it was still hard to pull apart this fun planting. Spicy Compact Jatropha, Strobilanthes 'Persian Shield', Variegated Ginger, Asparagus fern, and Coleus combine to make this part sun (no afternoon sun) planting.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

2 Comments:

At November 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Ooooh, I especially like this one!

 
At November 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Blogger That Bloomin' Garden said...

Just stunning! I love this one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home