bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 61 - What Rita and Rudolph Have in Common

They both lead the way to great things. And they both are bringing us some Christmas cheer! Rita has been leading the horticultural world to creative container gardening for over three decades. Rita Rudolph, I mean Rita Randolph, has some great indoor container ideas for Christmas decor. With options of low plantings for the dinner table or larger accent pieces on the console, Rita's creative eye takes the ordinary and produces a combination that is a work of art.







This beautiful golden fern is Rita's own introduction call Rita's Gold fern. It's been a fun one to use in my own container plantings.

Rita has been a mentor, instructor, and friend who has shared her expertise with me in container gardening and in her horticultural knowledge. Her nursery, Randolph Greenhouses, is a mecca for plant nerds who want to see what's new that's growing in her greenhouses. People all over the south will bring their containers for her to plant and have her produce her botanical artwork. You've seen her work in Fine Gardening's Container Special Edition and in all the best gardening magazines. Rita once told me to let my camera be my 3rd arm. When looking for pictures that I have of Rita, they all show her with a camera around her neck. :) Thanks, Rita, for letting me share your talent as part of my 365 Days of Container Gardening!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 2, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

Everything here is amazing! I better get busy!

 
At December 2, 2010 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Beautiful! You introduced me to Rita when we were in Dallas and I so enjoyed meeting her and talking to her. Will you please take me to her nursery when I come visit you?

 
At December 3, 2010 at 11:58 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

You will LOVE her nursery center. So when will you be here?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home