bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Around The Garden World - Day 54


One of the goals of this blog is to instill a joy of gardening in the next generation. It made my heart glad this morning when I saw this little girl exploring the seeds on the liriope. She was in her best Sunday clothes yet her parents were allowing her to get up close and dirty in the garden outside our church.

I wasn't going to break the news to her that she didn't really need all those seeds to get the lirope to spread - it will do that quite easily on its own.
She was just so adorable I HAD to take her picture!



This summer, my little Aiden was thrilled to help me unload some plant samples from Proven Winners plants


Hoping to see the evolution of a budding plant nerd!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM , Blogger CommonWeeder said...

It is wonderful to see children exploring the garden, being fascinated by plant details, to see how they can attend to those details so intensely.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home