bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, November 4, 2013

Around The Garden World - Day 60 (Nashville, TN)

These were my favorite containers of the season so far:
Red twig dogwood, Red Bor kale, Golden lysimachia (creeping jenny) and True Blue pansies. 
 The really sad part of this picture is that the client thought they looked too modern, and I think the few remaining leaves on the branches kind of threw her off to how striking this will look when these leaves drop off - I had to replace the whole thing with very boring sky pencil hollies and dusty miller. I loved the red twig against the white wall.
Left planter - Nandina filamentosa, heuchera, pansy, lysimachia. Middle planter - Camellia, Acorus grass, pansy. Right planter - Color Guard yucca, red pansy, lysimachia.
These planters were able to stay as they were planted . 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM , Blogger khaki said...

That's too bad- I like the look of the red.

 
At November 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love that red twig dogwood, also! Amazing it can live in a pot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home