bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bringing Community Gardens to a Beach Resort













Whenever I come to the Destin area of Florida, I love to make a pilgrimage to the Seaside/Watercolor Place area off Highway 30A. At Watercolor Place, I can always count on perennial and annual beds welcoming my walk throughout the development - each grouping tagged with genus and species. Seaside has a plethora of container planting, and last year I was surprised by their delightful community garden next to the small elementary school. Enjoy a quick visit through these pictures.

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Dave said...

Some very neat places!

 
At April 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Bren Haas said...

WOW... you are a busy lady in the garden! I love your shares and can't wait to return to see what spring holds for you.

Happy Gardening

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home