bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 35 - Pining for Something Different

Just added some new pictures to this blog to show the true blue tone of this pine. The pictures at the end were taken with my phone.



I'm loving the blue shades in evergreens for winter containers. I guess like any good artist I have to go through by "blue phase". This is Pinus parviflora 'Blue Angel' with Sedum 'Red Carpet' along the West facing front and Heuchera 'Fire Chief' filling out the the shadier hind quarters of this planting. I added a few True Blue Pansies and heart-leaved ivy to fill in a few holes. As the Bloodgood Japanese Maple leaves behind this planter deepen in color, the blue pine will stand out even more.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 7, 2010 at 2:19 PM , Blogger graceonline said...

Lovely planting. I don't usually enjoy this style planter, but your herbal selection shows it off beautifully.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home