bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 138 - Retro Thursday: Redeeming Myself

Last week I had some company over to watch the Super Bowl. I opened the door to welcome one of my sweet friends and she greeted me with this look of dismay and shock. After she walked in, she looked at me and said, "I've been seeing your daily post of beautiful containers so I couldn't wait to come to your home and see what you have in your containers. And I walk up to your door and THEY ARE EMPTY!!!"
I really think she was going to cry. Yes, my pots are the cobbler's children. Sometimes.
In my own defense, I had just removed the Christmas display of evergreen branches that I had arranged in the planters for the holidays.
So to try and redeem myself, I'm showing my planters from a season past filled with Variegated Ginger, Begonia Bonfire, Non-stop Red Begonias, and Purple Oxalis. Every once in a while the cobblers children get shoes and my planters get a little attention.
And sometimes I need to remember that there are more people than just my momma reading my blog.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Tom said...

The other side of the same situation...

My wife, last year, left 2 Christmas trees up until June!!! just so some mutual friends who visit us once a year could enjoy her decorating skills. We still have one tree up, only because her niece is stopping by to visit next week. If you check our blog, you'll understand the decorating genes in her side of the family, and why some of these extended displays are important to her and her family.

I've reminded several people, our blog isn't just limited to gardening, since Lynne is also an excellent decorator. I'm just enjoying the journey we're living. :)

 
At February 17, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Muhammad Alotaibi, RN, PhD said...

Very beautiful pics.

 
At February 18, 2011 at 5:00 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh no, this is funny...beautiful containers..

 
At February 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous Lola said...

I love your containers. That's how I do most of my gardening due to health. I love it, at least I can get dirty. lol
Things are really starting to pop down here. I have 3 daffodils, grape Hyacinth, peach tree, snowflakes & others blooming now. "Taters" & cool weather veggies being planted now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home