bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 184 - So What Would You plant in a Red Windowbox?




These folks in Buffalo, NY are NOT afraid of color. This cottage district had some fabulous gardens and I was salivating over the colorful banister boxes. Non-stop Begonias and sweet potato vine - Blackie and a chartreuse variety are great companions with the begonias in these boxes. I'm wondering if they all shared the gallon of red paint for their boxes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

I would like white stuff but with that house the multiple colors works. they have about every color covered, don't they. I think it looks fun.
nellie

 
At April 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Beautiful!
Kisses!

 
At April 5, 2011 at 7:00 AM , Blogger CommonWeeder said...

How beautiful! And how disturbing that I seem to have missed this garden last July. I'll have to keep my eyes fully open this July.

 
At April 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

I LOVED the color use at this home! I remember talking about how the flowers and the home's colors all coordinated with the cushions on the bench. Beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home