bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 205 - Not Gonna Happen


Today I went to a client's home who likes to be one of the first on my seasonal change-out list for containers. I am already a few days behind due to the abundance of rain we've had so I was worried that he would be getting anxious to have his winter plantings removed and refreshed with spring/summer color.
This is what greeted me: Scotch broom (Cytisus x praecox 'Allgold') in full bloom, heuchera with its spires of flowers, pansies going strong, sedum starting to flower, lysimachia in golden glory. Sorry, Charlie, these are gonna stick around for a few more weeks.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Heck no, I wouldn't disturb those containers either!! Hey, I want to know how to make the moss girl with the watering can..seriously, I really want to borrow this idea!

 
At April 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Hey Darla, wish I could help with the moss girl idea - I saw that at the UT Knoxville trial gardens. Check with Dr. Sue Hamilton http://utgardens.tennessee.edu/staff.html. She's a wonderful lady who would love sharing ideas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home