bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 271- Wedding Day

Hopefully no one has noticed but I actually missed a day. Well, actually two. But the last few weeks have been pretty exciting around the wise gardens, all leading up to this incredible day. And especially the last two days - as mother of the groom my days have been delightfully full as family has come in from all over the country for this special day. The laptop stayed closed and family became my total focus until I fell exhausted into bed. Until today. As I sit in the pew here, groomsmen and hubby busy with picture taking, rehearsal dinner a blur of laughter and tears, flowers all completed for the ceremony, I realize that for one more son my job is done. "Mothering" is no longer required, rather my role now is to just to be Momma... and Momma-in-law. So enjoy what I get to look at while I wait for the guest to arrive. And thanks for sharing this moment with me!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous martha said...

Congratulations Barbara to you and yours!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM , Blogger BernieH said...

Congratulations! Having two adult sons myself who moved away many years ago to live out their own lives, I'm not sure that I can say the 'mothering' is ever really finished. It's nice to be called back to that role every now and then.

The arrangements are just lovely. I rather like the combination of Palm fronds, Ferns and Caladiums ... very lush and tropical.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

What an exciting day! Weddings are so special.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Thanks Martha! I know you just went through all this yourself - we'll have to share stories :)

 
At July 5, 2011 at 5:48 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Bernie, that was so good to read your comment! I do love being a momma :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations barbara! i bet you're one proud momma!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home