bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 326 - WHAT A DAY!!


Classics are hard to beat. These containers with white, silver and green foliage are classic pieces that stand the test of time, especially with the gray stone bird feature added to the mix. White begonia, carex grass, dicondra, and some other viney thing that I can't recognize.
Today was a classic good day. I got to speak to a group at the Garden Writer's Symposium about something I love: annual flowers. I won an Ipad2 at their award ceremony. One of my heroes, Judy Lowe, gave me an autographed copy of her latest book "Herbs!". And several of my favorite garden bloggers mentioned my blog in THEIR talk- which was going on during my talk. Lots of good things - I'm thankful!Link

Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM , Anonymous Dee Nash said...

It was a very good day. Thanks for the link.~~Dee

 
At August 30, 2011 at 12:39 AM , Anonymous green village said...

in my country this day is feast day.
have a nice day buddy

 
At August 30, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

Lucky you! And an iPad2 on top of it all -- don't tell my husband, he'll be green with envy.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Commonweeder said...

I love this container - and I send all congratulation on your talk. I wish I could have been there.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Joseph said...

A great day indeed! You absolutely ROCKED your talk. It was so good seeing you again.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Dee and Joseph - so much fun seeing you both again! Caroline - I won't even THINK of mentioning this to your husband :). And Pat - I missed my blogging roommate! Thanks to all of you for stopping by the blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home