bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Growing Zone - Day 1




Today was a big day in the life of Open Space 59 - the development lingo for what will soon be a welcoming open area for the families of Westhaven, which one the developments in which I work. This picture was taken last week just after we had roughed in the irrigation (I still have a whole lot to learn on this so I won't even begin to talk about irrigation installation). Today's fun fact - how long do you think it takes 3 guys to plant a 3 caliper tree with a dingo and 30" auger?
No, I'm not speaking in another language. The caliper is the diameter of the tree at chest height. A dingo is a super cool mini-digging machine that I wish I'd had years ago at my own house.
The auger is a huge drill bit that can be attached to the dingo for dinging holes to plant trees in.

Well in ten hours we got 12 trees in the ground - I'll let you do the math.
Yes, boys and girls, I'm learning the joy of figuring out manhours and learning the ways of efficiency.
Day 1 may have been hard work, but the beauty is just beginning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 1, 2011 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Joseph said...

Wow!!! its great...but besides this we can also have Container Gardening in our premises..!!! right...!! :)

 
At November 2, 2011 at 5:30 AM , Anonymous Darla said...

Well you are just getting started and I've already learned a couple of things. Are you transforming this entire area?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home