bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Around The Garden World - Day 42 (Leiper's Fork, TN)

Today was Leiper's Fork annual giant Yard Sale on the sprawling lawn of Marty and Bruce Hunt. Lots of folks there selling stuff - everything from homemade ice-cream to great antiques. I was on the hunt for some garden art. This recycled hoe would be a great way to store all my wonderful Corona Tools. I'll pass on buying the tools the vendor was showing with the rake. 
This was a creative way to use those old telephone wire insulators - these racks were welded by the vendor's daughter to transform the glass into a candelabra.




I wish I could have talked hubby into letting me get this little bike rider - this is FUN garden art! 


Year-round sunflowers!

I didn't buy but wish I had. This old cake carrier would have been a really cute way to store  items in my garage that I want keep critters out of. 

This would be the only kind of chickens I would have at my house for now.
Yes, we are a little redneck down here. 

This was the homemade icecream churn! 

Um. yeh. unique stuff

This is event is for all ages.  



I absolutely feel in love with these little retro play kitchens by Jenn Gruber




I guess this is what you call a Farm Table? ;) 

Vintage motor home 


Local guy and TV celebrity Mike Wolfe of American Pickers had a booth there with a few of his treasures and was just being the friendly guy that he is.






And of course, there were a few things a plant nerd like me found very tempting...


My friend Robin Baker and I finished off the day at the International Festival and Beerfest in downtown Franklin - cooling off from the day sampling beer from around the world.
All the local folks were there...


The event  ended with a great performance by Jonell Mosser. http://youtu.be/b_nXmfL9tYM

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home