bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 23 - Never Let A Window Box or Column Sit Empty!







Add a few colorful evergreens to your winter window boxes and column pots to bring some interest during those long, cold winter months. I use a lot of Chamaecyparis Golden Mops, Golden Charm, or Sungold to fill these long boxes. In the background of the windowbox are Camellia, Acuba, and Redtwig Dogwood with wintercreeper and ivy trailing. I've also used Mehonia in these boxes.


These column pots have Euonymous, Heuchera, pansies, and a little evergreen from Iseli Nursery (I can never remember the name of this one.)


This is another window box I did right up the street.
"Windowbox empty/There's so much that can be done/Let me show you how"
(I've been inspired to write Haiku by my friend Tink Hanson. Bear with me while I learn!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Jan Bills said...

Absolutely stunning!

 
At October 25, 2010 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

Stunning Barbara! You are a container gardening ROCK STAR!

 
At October 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Thanks, Kerry and Jan, for stopping by the blog. Kerry, if I'm a ROCK STAR, we're in the same band!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home