bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day16 - A Window box Doesn't Always Have to Go On The Window





There are certain containers that I find myself going back to and using over and over again. This rectangular planter from Campania is sometimes put in the category of window box or deck box to be used outside a porch railing. I love to use them to fill up blank wall spaces or to create borders along a walkway. These planters were used to bring a some interest to a new home that was for sale. I love it when the builder calls me, as this one did, and says, "We've sold the the home and the buyers want us to include the planters!" I drove by this home yesterday and these planters, two years later, are still there. The evergreens remain but the planters have been refreshed with new fall color.

Grey Gleam Juniper (Juniperus scopulorum), Iseli Nursery's "little one" Golden Chaemacyparis and Varieagated Boxwoods, and pansies fill these boxes for winter color. These boxes get all afternoon sun.


Here's a very similar look I did where the planter recieved only morning sun - Gray Gleam Juniper, Variegated Boxwood, and Heuchera Caramel with Blue and Rose Pansies.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and textures. Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home