bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 36 - Hoping to Bowl You Over






At the entrance to the Westhaven subdivision, I was tired of the standard pansy, viola winter look. I wanted to add something a little more interesting so instead of planting up our large hanging baskets that line the entrance, I added these large black bowls. Eight of them hold Yucca 'Gold Sword' surrounded by Heuchera 'Rose Majesty', Sedum 'Red Carpet', and 'True Blue' Pansies. Four of the bowls hold Fat Albert Colorado Blue Spruce, Harbor Belle Heavenly Bamboo Nandina domestica, Angelina Sedum, and Pansies. I left room around the bowls for hundreds of tulips. Come back in a month and I'll show you pictures of what happens to the colors in these bowls after a few weeks of cold weather (you'll like it ;}).


Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger graceonline said...

Fun addition to the scape. Adds an interesting texture. Looking forward to what comes next. Hope you'll remind me to come back and look when the new colors are popping out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home