bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 92 - Not All Your Containers Need to Be Full of Soil


It's a new year and time to start thing outside the box... or just start thinking about being outside. I saw these water troughs and remembered hearing Rita Randolph say, "What do you get when you have a container without holes. You have a container water garden." These were at the University of Tennessee Knoxville Trial Gardens last summer.
Room to grow a whole assortment of water plants!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Kerry said...

Love the quote. I keep meaning to do a water garden.

 
At January 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Authentic Haven Brand said...

another Lovely creative use for livestock water tanks. Your subject line should have read Not all gardens are full of Bull or Soil Ha Ha Woman Rancher humor : ) Annie

 
At January 3, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Eliza @ Appalachian Feet said...

Very pretty! My predicament is more like "what do I do about the mosquito larva in my container without holes." In a container that large perhaps I could get some fish. :)

 
At January 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Annie - you made me laugh out loud with your comment! I love seeing life from rancher woman perspective.
Kerry - I continue to be soooo honored to know YOU stop by my blog! Container info seekers hopefully know to stop by containergardening.about.com/ for great info.
Eliza - thanks for stopping by the blog!! A friend of mine sent me an email and said it reminded her of backyard swimming pools from the 70s.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home