bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rain Gardens



Several months ago I posted about a little garden I saw at West Meade Middle School and was impressed at the care that was being given to educate students with hands-on ecology lessons. Today I got an email from Mekayle Houghton, the Program Director for Cumberland River Compact and she gave me a little more information about their Rain Gardens For Nashville website. Did you know that teachers can go to their website and download Lesson plans for grades K-12 to help them teach about rain gardens? They also have a Resource Guide that you can download for planning, designing, and maintaining a rain garden. Even if you aren't lucky enough to live in Nashville ;) you can still learn a lot about creating a rain garden from this site.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM , Blogger Jacana said...

thank you for your blog - i have been visiting and getting ideas for a garden in our new home we about to start building. amazing pictures.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 5:58 AM , Anonymous andy said...

Interest is what his name and of what kind? This gave me an idea for what to plant this season.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

What a good project. I have a friend who just had her yard re-landscaped to a "natural" yard (I think she spent about 6,000. to go natural) Anyway, a big part of it was her new rain garden to control the pour drainage layout.
nellie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home