bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Escape to a Cooler Place











My friend Rick McNight sent me these pictures of his backpacking trip to Glacier National Park that he took with two of his grown children because he knows how much I love flowers. What Rick didn't realize is that while I am known for my plant passion, I secretly long to be an opera singer. (Ironically his wife, Cathy, just recently told me that singing opera is a passion we share). So when I look at these pictures, I am inspired by the wildflower beauty, and when I look at the mountains I can hardly contain myself from breaking into full bravura... "Cliiiimb e-very mounTAIN....."

Rick should have taken Cathy and me along - we would at least have kept the bears away.
/,,

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Commonweeder said...

I was out in 97 degree heat yesterday, visiting a meadow garden and then the Berkshire Botanical Garden where I saw an amaging Garden Blogger's Retreat. I would have joined you in song at that cool park.

 
At August 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Dave@TheHomeGarden said...

Beautiful! It's probably one of those places you have to see in person but the pictures are breathtaking. Opera? I'll stick to Jazz myself! ;)

 
At August 6, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Gail said...

B, It's gorgeous~I've never been and So want to. I will be heading to Estes park, CO to meet our son for a small break. I'll sing 'Climb Every Mountain' just for you! Are you getting any of the rain? Gail

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home