bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 116 - He Was Just Too Good Looking To Be Wearing Plastic

I walked past him as he casually stood by his booth at the trade show and I thought, "I wonder if he realizes that I'm staring at him!" So I stealthily slipped beside the gal working in the booth with him and quietly asked if she could tell me his name. "Who are you asking about?" she loudly proclaimed. "Him, over there in front of the desk," I sheepishly pointed. We walked toward him and I suddenly realized- ---- he was wearing plastic!! There he was surrounded by this gorgeous calla lilly, a hot cyclamen, saginella was practically hanging off him and he was so gorgeous that I didn't even notice that he was standing in a cheap plastic pot until I tried to pick him up. Wait - what did you think I talking about?! What is the name of that gorgeous fern-like plant in the middle of this pot. Any guesses? And don’t anyone tell me it's Fabio!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

5 Comments:

At January 27, 2011 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Commonweeder said...

I have found that people at trade shows don't always know the names of the plants in their displays - unless it is a mass display of some sort of rose.

 
At January 27, 2011 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

It actually looks a lot like my Rabbit's Foot Fern (Davallia fejeensis), Barbara. Not quite as dark green, but the feathery fronds are very similar.

 
At January 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

Not a plastic fan either...

 
At January 27, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Catherine Dougherty said...

What a fabulous, cute, and funny post. Love it!
*I think he's pretty sexy too~

 
At January 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Bren Haas said...

wow.... great share! I'm getting tons of ideas for my summer containers from your creative shares.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home