bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 140 - Today I Visited Botswana

The weather was cool and damp, I've been fighting some little stomach bug, the guys were all off doing all their own activities, so I decided I would take a trip. I needed to go to another land, to hear other people's stories, to experience an adventure.
So I picked up the latest book in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series and escaped to Botswana. Through the miracle of words I could feel the African heat and hear the lilt of Botswanan English as the adventures began playing out among these well loved characters that Alexander McCall Smith has given flesh to.
I love that a book or movie or even a blog can take you to distant lands and give you a glimpse of the world we inhabit. So in honor of the arid, hot, dry land of Botswana, I bring you container plants that would love that environment - succulents!



And since these pictures came from the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show 2009, this is a reminder that you can escape in two weeks to Nashville Lawn and Garden Show 2011 - March 3-6.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home