bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 187 - Shiver Me Timbers... It's the Black Pearl!

Capsicum 'Black Pearl' is one of my FAVORITE ornamental peppers and black foliage plants. Tough against the elements (will take full or part sun), doesn't need to be babied (it will forgive you if you forget to water), and produces screaming red and black pearl shaped peppers. But unless your mouth is lined with asbestos, don't try eating those peppers. My memory of that experience still makes me break out in sweat.
Paired here with dwarf dahlias, this was one of my low maintenance planters last year.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

Your Black pearl does make a nice container plant.
nellie

 
At April 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Darla said...

I love to grow ornamental peppers and you have just reminded me to plant my seeds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home