bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 301 - Yes, I KNOW I Am Boring!








Today one of my co-workers told me that my 365 Days of Container Gardening has gotten boring. So I'm here to tell you that, yes, I know I that what you really come here to see is my witty dialog or deep insights into life and grudgingly plod through all these pictures to just hopefully glimpse something that will inspire you through another day. But alas, the last few months have just been one container picture after another. So, I'm here to tell you that the end is near: after six months of working my full time job, coming home to planaweddingplangraduationeventssendasontoafghanistanwriteabook cookdinnertrynottoignoremyhusbandtakecareofagingparentkeepupwithafewfriends
workinmygardenwriteadailyblogplusalltheotherthingstomaintainlife, I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. But I still have asonthatispackingforcollegeanothersonandhisnewwifecominghometovisitand
atleast15morehoursofwritingonmybookplusveggiestoharvestinmygarden, so
hangwithmeforafewmoredaysuntilIhavetimetowrite - and enjoy the pictures!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous kimjks said...

I am not bored by your blog....I guess I love container gardening,your plants are always so healthy.Our lives are full or we could do this full time.....be blessed

 
At August 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Helen said...

No one crazy and/or brave enough to attempt 365 consecutive posts – that's one ev-er-y day for a who-o-o-o-o-o-le year, with pictures – could ever be thought boring.

You might tell your friend I said so.

 
At August 4, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger BernieH said...

Well unlike your co-worker, I have not grown bored with your posts. I look forward to them. It makes a welcome change to see fabulous containers with planting combinations that will actually grow here. I know so many of the plants and your photos have shown me just how wonderful these rather familiar, seemingly ho-hum plants can look with a bit of a creative flair. You've got at least another 64 to do yet!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Simpleton said...

Beautiful, not boring.

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

Not bored here! Would love to be sunbathing by those pots by the pool today!! It was 111 degrees yesterday!

 
At August 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Dear sweet Barbara, boring is not even on the radar when it comes to you. You just keep on doing what you do. As one who is container garden challenged, I appreciate your daily posts!

AND...I count myself blessed that I got to spend some wonderful time with you in Seattle! *hugs*

 
At August 5, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Ok, y'all are the sweetest things and are what keep me plugging along with these post. Kylee and Helen - I miss you all already!!! Cowgirl, you need to come on down to the poolside. :) Kimjks, Simpleton, and Bernie - thank you for for the encouraging words: I love your insights.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home