bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 329 - Textural Temptation

y


I looked over the balcony and was smitten with desire. No Romeo was calling my name. This plant nerd was being wooed by a trio of good-looking container plantings. It's subtle shades of color echo through the grouping but the contrasts in texture are what grabbed my attention. Thick oval leaves of some tropical that I need help identifying, fine grassy foliage of Pennisetum Fireworks, a hint of danger hidden in the large fragrant white blossoms of the Brugmansia, and a little peek-a-boo of petunia all combine into a display that is strikingly attractive. The Indiana Museum of Art had already won my admiration; this type of creative combination is ensuring my devotion.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Irvin Etienne said...

Glad you enjoyed the IMA, Barbara. The tropical is Ficus elastica - I've lost track of the cultivar. These containers were designed by horticulturist Katie Booth. It's Indianapolis by the way not Indiana. But come back and visit soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home