bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, March 10, 2013

One Late Winter's Night

On the way to Montgomery Bell State Park last weekend, a snowy rain clouded my drive.




The light, white blanket that warmed my heart the following morning:  


                                                 Do I dare walk along a path untraveled?











The quiet mist and sleepy snowfall outside my window belie the world in which I have been living these last few weeks. Being blindsided for the umpteenth time by the uncertainties of life, being rushed along all that entails the fullness of life, there is refuge in this wooded quietness. Ironic that in the absence of flashy color, in the dullness of winter's dormancy, in the stillness of gray snowfall, that is where my heart is revived.
  

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Kathy said...

We call that a dusting. You ever want to see real snow, come see me in the winter. I am glad your spirits were revived.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home