bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 6 - A Guest Container


Randomly throughout the 365 Days of Container Gardening I will host a Guest Container - a container planting that I've seen on a garden expedition that needs recognition. Today's Guest Container is actually one of a set of windowboxes outside a store in downtown Charleston, SC. Filled with Acorus grass, boxwood, Sedum Autumn Fire, Sedum Angelina, Purple cabbage, pansies, and what looks like Strawflower (Helichrysum or Bracteantha depending on who you talk to). There seems to be something else in there that I can't identify. (I was riding a carriage when I took this picture so I couldn't get too close.) Hope this inspires for winter planting in your hayrack planter.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Kerry said...

Really???? You are going to post 365 days of container gardening? Wow. That must be a Guinness book of world records kind of thing.

You go girl!!!

 
At October 7, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

My biggest challenge will be taking the time everyday to post! I do around 800 containers a year, try to take photos of most of them, so there is plenty of material to draw from :). Finally some of my neglected photos will find a spot of recognition.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM , Blogger BGgarden said...

I'm loving these shares Barbara. The structure and that basket arrangement are just stunning!

Happy Sharing - Bren

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home