bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Saturday, August 21, 2010

You Just Never Know What You'll Find




While attending IGC2010 - Independent Garden Center Show at Chicago's Navy Pier - I stayed with a friend who lives in the pretty little suburb of Glen Ellyn. I got up early one morning to walk around her neighborhood and just a few houses away I found this inviting entrance to what looked like a secret mountain garden.
This arbor was made from cedar, the design was classic, and it was obviously able to withstand the blasting snowstorms of the area. Right there before me was surely a portal to the wilds of New Zealand.Tentatively I crossed the threshold.


And I found myself at the Chicago Botanic Gardens!

Not really. I had to get my friend to drive me there a little while later that day because the arbor was no portal except to a woodsy backyard garden. But isn't it fun to just imagine....

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Gail said...

The arbor is nice, but the CBC is incredible! You lucky gardener! gail

 
At August 25, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Anonymous Stacie Shepp said...

Barbara,

Hi there. I was on your blog because I wanted to invite you to check out our new social network dedicated to gardeners, YourGardenShow.com

Glad to hear you had a good time in Chicago last week. The founders of YGS were in Chicago last week attending the IGC event as well.

If you have a chance to check out the site let me know if you set up a garden and I'll check it out. Also if this is something you might be interested in blogging about.

Take Care,
Stacie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home