bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 143 - Is It Really What's on the Inside That Counts?

I 'm going to step outside the rules here. I guess, though, since I'm the one who started this 365 Days of Container Gardening, I can in fact make up my own rules. So far, my rule that I have set upon myself is to provide a daily inspiration for the different styles and options that container gardening offers. We've looked at more than 142 different plantings that you can use to garden in a container. But today, I want to look at just a container in a garden. Empty. Just there for interest.


While visiting in Florida, I admired the interest that these empty olive jars gave to the winter landscape. Even as lovely as they are, their emptiness beacons me.
Tomorrow we'll get back to plants. Today I'm just enjoying a promise of what's to come that an empty planter whispers to me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM , Blogger BernieH said...

I love this ... it just adds that touch of intrigue to the garden space. This is something I've wanted to try but haven't been able to find the right pot or the right spot yet! Great set of photos.

 
At February 23, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! Very striking in the landscape! Thanks for sharing, I love this site!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 6:09 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Thanks, Kathy, I love having you stop by this site! :)
Bernie, I agree about finding the right pot. The right pot for the right place is almost as important as the right plant in the right place!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Blogger R K Young said...

Now THAT's thinking outside the pot! Great one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home