bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 153 - A Feast of Foliage

Once again I want to honor one of the folks who have took me early on to new levels of container design. Rita Randolph encouraged me to see beyond just having flowers and look for the beauty and artistic texture of foliage. Autumn fern, Heuchera, Acorus grass, variegated ivy, and the very simply named evergreen "Platycladus 'Chinese Arborvites' Aurea Nana" or sometimes known as Thuja orientalis produce a part-shade planting worthy of your front door. Rita, I'm lifting my wine glass to you even as I type!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 5, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

I have lots of containers with plants on the deck, but I need to move on to next level and do some planning for my containers!!!

 
At March 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely totally love this

 
At March 9, 2011 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Helen said...

And another Helen said: I agree!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home