bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 157 - Rain, Rain Makes the Greenhouse Gray






I love working in our Southern Land Company greenhouse - the sweet, raw smell of newly misted plants, the quiet drone of fans circulating the air, the feeling of being a reclusive artist as I work between tables of thousands of plants thinking through the creative options for each container. But I think I love the rainy days best. The drumming rain relegates conversation to a minimum so hours can be spent silently creating, day-dreaming, or planning as planting work is being done. The greenhouse takes on a soft gray hue and the brilliant spring colors explode off the contrast. I lose all track of time and come away feeling that I'd just enjoyed a psychological massage.
It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, also. Yep, I'm down wit dat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home