bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Growing Zone - Day 4




Another misty, muddy day left me with time to check on some of my other projects. This was in front of the Windstone Clubhouse - one of my favorite summer annuals called Cuphea llavae 'Flamenco Samba'. This heat and drought-loving plant is still going strong after several days of temperatures that dipped to 31 degrees at night. I love the demure Muhly grass waving at me from behind the flashy Cuphea.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2011 at 3:49 AM , Blogger BernieH said...

They make a fantastic pair!

 
At November 5, 2011 at 5:38 AM , Anonymous Darla said...

The Bat Face plant? I've never seen one this large before. I'm pretty sure I killed mine by overwatering it, sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home