bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 306 - Photo Homework Lesson #2 - Shoot into the Sun



I got home late from work today, looked as the setting sun was hitting my backyard and thought, "David Perry said to shoot into the sun." This was a great time to practice.
One of my planters with my beloved Lemon Lace vine (Polygonum aubertii) in the background.

Peeking through the Lemon Lace vine (yep, needs a haircut).


Tibuchina kind of backlit by the sun.
Well, trying to get the last of the rays on this container. Didn't quite have the effect I wanted, but lets you see the geranium, angelonia, calibrachoa, and cordyline from a different angle.



I think I'm gonna have to start calling this vine "Shaggy". The last of the sunlight coming through.

Right as the sun set I turned to see this cardinal watching me- as I zoomed in to take his picture, I really thought he was giving me an angry look. Glance to your left and you'll see why - here I am taking his picture and what he really wants is some chow in his birdfeeder.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 9, 2011 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Alison said...

That cardinal is most definitely giving you the hairy eyeball! Great pictures taking advantage of the fading lighting.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous Yael said...

Your pictures were lovely. I don't think I have seen a cardinal since I was a teenager. That is one thing the West Coast does not seem to have, unfortunately.

Yael

 
At August 10, 2011 at 8:10 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Yael and Alison, my hubby is becoming an avid bird watcher and is actively finding ways to bring birds into our garden. I keep telling him all we need to do is put in the right plants!
BTW - visited both of y'alls websites recently: delightful! thanks for taking the time to stop by here :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home