bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Growing Zone - Day 6





A sneak peak at what is still going strong this morning in my garden.


My New Dawn rose with a late November flush of blooms.

I hope I'm like these roses when I'm in my autumn years - having flourished in spring, persevered through the drought and intensity of summer days, and finished strong even through early frost of encroaching winter bringing beauty to those around them.

Coral bark Japanese maples bring four seasons of beauty here in Middle Tennessee.

I've loved these "Story Book" garden roses - tough miniature roses that have handled well my Tennessee climate extremes.
Even the Angelonia seems to have handled a few 31 degree mornings with little sign of wear and tear.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Helen said...

Wow. Barbara, your garden is still going gangbusters. Don't you just love 'New Dawn'? She even gives me some November blooms.

 
At November 8, 2011 at 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! New Dawn blooming in Nov! What a treat!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Lara said...

Fantastic photos. Love New Dawn!

 
At November 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Weekend Cowgirl said...

Still have blooming roses...what a nice treat!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home